Thursday, August 8, 2013

Update - School Kits for Foster Kids

Just wanted to post a quick update!

Looks like we were able to join forces with some other organizations, plus add to it individual supply donations and the kids we are working with are ALL getting backpacks full of school supplies!  I am so grateful!!!

Now we are focusing on getting them school clothes that fit them.  I am still trying to determine the best way to do that, so I'll have to get back with you if there is a "perfect" way.

Currently on my list are:
* Gently used clothes - mostly tweens and teens.
* New clothes - mostly tweens and teens.
* PayPal donations - all monies to be used to purchase the clothes.
* Gift Cards to places like Wal-Mart and Target so they can purchase the clothes.

If you have any more ideas for me, I'll take any suggestions you might have!

Thanks to all those who are helping get these kids a good start at school this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment