Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Meet 2015 Merit Mother - Marne Trassdahl

Marne Traasdahl was raised in Scottsdale, Arizona, the sixth of ten children and was born into a happy home. During college she was privileged to marry her husband and in time was blessed with four amazing sons which included one set of twins. 

 Marne's philosophy on parenting has everything to do with the proverb: 'Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime'.  She states, "There’s a beautiful season of providing for your children and nurturing them while they are young. As the years press on you have to teach them to stand on their own two feet and not just expect a so called ‘fish’ every day. In addition to teaching children how to work parents correct, love, and hold children accountable and try again day after day. This includes teaching your children to pray, forgive, serve, overcome adversity, have hope and gratitude, how to taste success humbly, and how to live the golden rule. The list goes on and on but parents must model and teach what they expect from their children. In other words successful parents continue to patiently teach what bait can be used while fishing as their offspring wait for the fish to bite from their pole."

 Marne writes: "As I ponder the word Mom I realize it is actually the word ‘Wow’ spelled upside down. And that pretty much sums up how I feel about being a Mom. It’s been an extraordinary experience that has brought incredible joy and depth into my life. You ask what impact it’s had on me? If we are being honest (which my own mother always taught me to be) it has changed me completely. Motherhood has brought me to my knees, made my heart expand with aches and compassion, taught me about sacrifice and has been a gem of an education. I never dreamt I could love so much, work so hard, or feel such pain when another suffers. I absolutely love motherhood. That doesn’t mean it’s easy but I can see how it is by Design. Of all the things I’ve done, the most cherished title I carry in this life is that of ‘Mother’."

No comments:

Post a Comment