Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What Kind of a Mother Are You?

This is the question my 7-year-old asks me when I serve food she's never seen, sing while doing the dishes or try to enforce bedtime. I usually take it to mean I'm doing something right. But it does make me chuckle . . . and then think. What kind of a mother am I?

The invitation for Day 2 of a more meaningful Mother's Day is this:

Make a list of the skills and attributes that you bring to the role of mother. Think about your unique gifts or talents. (Write your stage introduction with these qualities in order to put yourself in the frame of mind of noticing your strengths!)

Short, simple yet surprising. Put that list in your journal or even on your fridge --someplace where you can refer and even add to it, as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment